At Cayenne, we love working with talented young designers with fire in the belly. If you’d like to be part of the Cayenne team this summer, check out the info below and give us a shout. We can’t wait to meet you!
What you need to know:
• Internships can run 8 weeks to 3 months
• We require approximately 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
• Internships are paid
• From day one, we throw you right into the action and let you work on real projects with real clients, under the supervision of our creative and account teams
• Internships are intended for undergraduate students or recent grads who hold less than eight months experience
• You will see assignments through to completion while handling duties and requests large or small
Design Interns will:
• Work with the entire Cayenne creative team to bring concepts to life
• Learn how to develop a project through the concepting phase to creation to production
• Work on a diverse group of projects from branding, integrated campaigns, traditional print and event design, packaging, interactive and social media content design
Design Interns must have:
• A general understanding of (and love for) design, as well as a solid handle on composition and typography
• A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.) Photographic, illustration and/or web design skills are a huge plus, but not mandatory
• The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong attention to detail
• A positive attitude and willingness to learn
How to Apply for an Internship:
• Send your digital portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will accept PDF portfolios in lieu of links or online samples of your work
• If using services such as Dropbox and Google Drive, make sure the share settings allow anyone to view
• Instead of a cover letter, tell us a little about yourself in the body of your email and why you’re a good fit for Cayenne
• We’re flexible, but if you have strict start/end dates, please let us know
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I get credit?
A: We will be happy to work with your institution if they have a credit-based internship program.
Q: When will the selection process happen?
A: Resumes, portfolio links, and references will be accepted through March 9, 2018. Interviews for qualified candidates will be conducted the week of March 19 – 23, 2018. Offers will be sent out the week of March 26 – 30, 2018. Internships will run May through August, based on our mutual schedules.
Q: What’s the interview process?
A: You’ll meet with our creative team and walk us through your portfolio and creative process. It’s a huge plus if you can bring physical samples of your work.
Q: Is this a paid internship?
A: This is a paid internship and class credit is available.
Q: Will I get to work on real projects?
A: We treat our interns like any other member of the Cayenne crew. You’ll be fully integrated into our culture, and be full steam ahead from day one.
Q: What if I want to apply for the design position and I don’t have an online portfolio?
A: If you want to email some digital images of your work, please do so. If not, that’s OK, too. The more we see of what you have to offer, the better; but we will be conducting interviews and we will ask if you can bring a portfolio if/when you interview with us.
Q: Who do I get in touch with for more information?
A: Hopefully most of your questions will be answered with this post. If you have a specific question that is not covered, you may email us at email@example.com.
Q: Anything else I should know?
A: We have dogs in the office on a regular basis so plan accordingly if you suffer from any allergies, etc.